Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Thing 2 : 23 Mobile Things : Mobile Device Tips

Ok, that was fun! I learned lots of new things, although my discoveries were repeatedly met with refrains of "you didn't know that???" from my 17 5/6 yo daughter. :) Anyway, I don't even know if I remember all the changes I just made to my iPhone, but here is what I do remember: 1. The compass can become a level. My DR table is not totally level, but the nearby countertop is. :) 2. There are additional keyboards - my faves are emoji and Russian. 3. I cannot take panoramic pics with the regular camera app on my iPad mini, but I can take panoramic shots starting from either left or right on my iPhone 5c. 4. You can lead Siri to correct pronunciation, but you can't always make an old dog learn new tricks. Siri (mine has been changed to "US male") cannot pronounce my daughter's name (first or last) correctly, even after correcting the pronunciation. Therefore it continues to not recognize her name or her relationship to me for texting and calling using Siri. (I think he's just jealous.) 5. You can see the calendar in week mode by changing to landscape orientation. 6. You can add a photo to an email by touching and holding the screen in the body of the email. 7. You can ask Siri to find images. 8. You can ask Siri to check on recent Twitter posts. 9. You can see recent Twitter posts in Safari by clicking on the @ in the bookmarks, reading list, "shared links" section under the book icon. 10. You can turn off background app refresh under Settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment