Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Thing 12 : 23 Mobile Things : Books, Books, & More Books

I tried out YALSA's Teen Book Finder app. I really like it! My students are always asking me if I have any good books - maybe now I will have them find the ones they are interested in and I will get for my library! It was a little confusing to have the app tell me the book was at the Ridgedale Library, when it is really in many libraries in the Hennepin County System. It also seemed odd to take me to World Cat instead of linking me directly to my library when I click on the library name. But it was nice to have it show me so many places where I could find the book. It will be fun to share this with my students - especially those with 1:1 iPads next year! They are going to bombard me with suggestions! (I hope...finally...I keep asking....)

No comments:

Post a Comment