Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Thing 4 : 23 Mobile Things : Keeping Up

OK, Flipboard is totally my new favorite thing. Better than Pinterest (from which I had to go cold turkey) because there are news articles that will make me feel smarter!! And it might actually get me back into reading the news and articles I want to read because I can save them for later when I have more time...yeah, right. So, I do like the feature of creating my own magazines and being able to share them with people. I think this could be especially helpful in PLCs or other teams to share information and research. I found it a little bit difficult to search for very specific blogs or articles, but I did eventually find them. I currently have an iPad mini and this was a great size to view and read the articles. I found it fairly easy to read in this online format, perhaps because of the magazine feel of it. I think it could be good for older students to find and "archive" articles to share in class on current event type topics. I am not sure how I would use it with my elementary students, but I would like to give it a try as we move toward 1:1 and BYOD. I did see there was a comment feature, but I wasn't sure if it was attached to the blog or Flipboard. Maybe students could read an article and leave comments in reaction to the article or a teacher prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment